Scholarship Application for 2023!
DETAILS FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Open Period: April 10, 2023 (No applications will be accepted prior to the open period.)
Deadline: 11:59 PM EST, May 10, 2023 (All required documents must be submitted by the deadline.)
Amount: $1,000 – $1,500
Population: Bowie State University, Coppin State University, Morgan State University, and University of Maryland Eastern Shore, Freshman Class
- Applicants must be enrolled and attending as full-time students at the universities listed above in the academic classification of freshmen in Fall 2023 to receive the award.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.5 Grade Point Average (GPA) on an unweighted 4.0 GPA scale.
- Applicants must provide 2 signed and dated letter of recommendation. Recommendations can be from an official of the current school, a community organization, a church, or an employer. Please make sure the letter of recommendation is on the appropriate letterhead for the respective organization.
- Applicants must provide a resume that includes, at a minimum, information for any work experience in the last 4 years and/or community service, education from high school to present, and any academic and service awards and honors received in the last 4 years.
- Applicants must provide an original or certified copy of their official transcript issued by the school in a sealed envelope, or it can be sent from a school official via email. Please send your official transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org if it is coming from a school official.
QUALIFYING COMPETITIVE FACTORS FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
- How will this scholarship make a difference for you?
- Who has been your biggest influence (or inspiration)?
- Tell us about a time where you stepped up as a leader.
- How will you change the field/industry of your interest?
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
Bursting With Promise, Inc. is providing our students access to the latest technology as a key component of our mission. Our long-term goal is to continue growing the program to support local high schools and additional students in the local community.
Our programs are supported solely through corporate and individual donations, along with fundraising activities held throughout the year. We strive to develop and maintain partnerships within the community to help us meet our annual goals.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES DRIVE IN BOWIE, MD
Our 6th annual school supplies drive in Bowie, MD, will provide new backpacks, school supplies, and COVID-19 kits to students who want to start the school year ready to learn. Please consider helping our campaign to make a difference in children’s lives. For the past 6 years, we were able to provide school supplies to Kingsford Elementary School in Prince George’s County.
The top items needed but not limited to, are listed below. Please feel free to either make a donation to our school supplies drive or make arrangements to have the items picked up. As always, we appreciate your support. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Backpacks for Grades K-6
- Binders – 2-inch, three-ring
- Filler Paper
- Hand Sanitizer
- Glue Sticks and Bottles
- Colored Pencils
- Pencil Boxes and Pouches
- Spiral Notebooks
- Two-Pocket Folders
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR STUDENTS
Our programs wouldn’t be possible if not for the generosity of the people within our community. If you wish to help our hardworking students succeed, we are always looking for monetary donations to support our scholarship program. Additionally, money isn’t the only way you can help students in the area, with our school drives, you can provide us with backpacks, school supplies, and laptops for our nearby elementary and high school students. Donations will be accepted through our website or in person, and, as a 501(c)(3) organization, we are tax-deductible.